The Lamplighter Hockey Stick Weight is a training device designed to increase shot velocity, stick handling skills, and upper body strength. Every hockey player needs it - (your competition is already using it).
*Click here to view the details on the NEW Minn-e Stick Weight.
Compact size...and packs the same punch as the original Hockey Stick Weight!
· The weight is cleverly concealed in the shaft of the stick so athletes are able to use it on any hollow shafted stick - and no one will even know it's there.
· The weight is evenly balanced throughout the shaft of the stick, eliminating a 'heavy spot'- usually near the blade - where traditional weights are fastened.
· The weight is easily installed, removed and transferred to another stick within seconds.
· The weight is available in two sizes: the two pound version is only for senior sticks, while the one pound will work in all sticks.
· The weight is a fraction of the cost of a weighted stick and it gives you the benefit of being able to train using your favorite sticks. You can use your preferred pattern and lie.
· To use the Hockey Stick Weight, simply remove the plug from the appropriately sized hockey stick and insert the weight into the hollow shaft. (The weight will not work with wood sticks).
Here’s how the stick weight works:
· When muscles are moved against resistance, they will adapt or grow because of the work being asked of them. If you skate for an entire practice with the stick weight, not only will it strengthen the obvious shooting and stick handling muscles, but the core and leg muscles will see a benefit as well.
· Of all the athletes I've trained in my shooting camps, the ones who shoot the hardest and quickest are the strongest. I've seen smaller or weaker players who have great shots because they have good technique; the stronger players with good technique are even better. And the stronger players shoot harder every time. They are able to generate more speed with the stick, and consequently, they have the hardest shots and quickest releases.
· If you want to shoot hard, and have a lightning quick release, you need to be strong. Plain and simple. Training with a stick weight will strengthen the appropriate muscles. It is difficult and time consuming to try to strengthen shooting muscles in a gym setting because you have to isolate and train all of the required muscle groups separately (the arms, shoulders, abs, back, legs, etc.).
· The stick weight trains all these muscles as you shoot.
Used by the following hockey organizations
· Edmonton Oilers
· The Hockey Academy at Ralph Engelstad Arena, Grand Forks, ND
· University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
· University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish Hockey
· Los Angeles Kings
· Muskegon Lumberjacks, USHL
· Lake Superior Stars, AAA
· Edina, MN, Bantams
· Warroad, MN, Squirts
· Lincoln Stars, USHL
· University of Nebraska-Omaha
· Ferris State University
· Bloomington U10A
*This is a training device only and not intended for game use. It is normal for the weight to fit loosely in the shaft of some sticks due to the discrepancies in stick manufacturing.
Made in the U.S.A.
HOCKEY STICK WEIGHT - U.S. Patent Pending